What’s happening within Women’s Ministry.
Our ministry, like the church as a whole, divides our focus into three simple but critical areas: Live, Learn, and Love. This is based on the verse 1 Peter 3:15, “But in your hearts revere Christ as Lord. Always be prepared to give an answer to everyone who asks you to give the reason for the hope that you have. But do this with gentleness and respect.”
Here’s what that means as we apply these principles within women’s ministry:
LIVE so the world will wonder
We genuinely desire to be an active part of each others’ lives. We want people to notice that we enjoy spending time together and wonder what it’s all about! Falling under this category of ministry are a variety of ways we “do life” together.
- Off the Grid: On the first Monday every other month, the ladies get together for a special “Off the Grid” event. These events range from laser tag, to making and decorating cookies. They are fun for women of all ages and no matter what your interests are, we guarantee that we’ll do event that you’ll love. If you have suggestions, we’d love to hear them, also!
- Retreats: Once a year we take a weekend away to relax, recharge, renew relationships or make new ones. This is always a great time for people who attend (and help plan!).
LEARN so the world will hear
We are passionate about equipping women to serve God and advance His Kingdom wherever He places them. Currently we have several options available:
- Bible Studies: Morning and evening Bible Studies happen throughout the year. They are Wednesdays from 9:30-11:00am or 7:00-8:30pm. The studies are topical and typically go through either and book and/or video series. The studies will each last between 1-4 months at a time. Sign up by emailing Kathy Hocker at firstname.lastname@example.org.
LOVE so the world will believe
We are committed to sharing Christ’s love by reaching out with compassion to others in our community and around the world. This includes caring for those in our own family and beyond. To accomplish this we have the following activities:
- Care Ministry: Provide assistance with meals and other short-term household needs for people or families in our church when they are unable to do so due to a new baby, sickness, funerals, or other emergencies.
- VPC Baby Shower: In the past, we have offered a baby shower for one of the clients of the Valley Pregnancy Center. Based on Luke 14:12, This is our opportunity to shower a mother with Christ’s love and compassion at a time when she is most vulnerable and most in need of support.
- Gynelle’s Closet: We partner with CityTeam of Oakland to reach out to families of West Oakland. We provide a boutique experience to families who are in need of clothing for men, women and children. Clothes are collected from members of our church and are provided to families in Oakland in a “boutique” that we host twice a year in Oakland. This is a tangible way we show the love of Christ to our extended family in Oakland.