Share God's Hope this Holiday Season
Holidays and God share something in common – lots of gift-giving – and Rolling Hills partners with Samaritan’s Purse and CityTeam to share the joy. With Samaritan’s Purse, we fill shoe boxes full of good stuff and distribute the gifts throughout the world. With CityTeam, we deliver Thanksgiving turkeys at the Turkey Drop, and Christmas presents with Adopt-A-Family. All of this goes along with God’s greatest gift to us, the good news of his son, Jesus Christ.
Join the joy of sharing God’s hope this holiday season!
What is the mission of Operation Christmas Child? The mission of Operation Christmas Child is to demonstrate God’s love in a tangible way to needy children around the world, and together with the local church worldwide, to share the Good News of Jesus Christ.
What do we do to complete this mission? We fill shoeboxes full of gifts for child all across the world!
How to pack a shoebox:
1. Find a Shoebox (or get one of our specially made Operation Christmas Child boxes!) – Start with an average-size cardboard or plastic shoebox. If you want to wrap it, cover the box and lid separately.
2. Girl or Boy – Decide whether you will pack a box for a girl or a boy, and the age category: 2-4, 5-9, or 10-14.
3. Fill with Gifts! – Select a quality “wow” toy such as a doll, soccer ball with pump, or stuffed animal. Then add other fun toys, hygiene items, and school supplies. See gift suggestions here.
4. Pray – Most importantly, pray for the child who will receive your gift. You can also include a personal note and photo.
5. $7 Tracking Label – Donate $7 online and receive a tracking label to Follow Your Box and discover the destination of your shoebox gift. Or you can simply leave a check for $7 (or one check for all the boxes you’re filling) inside a box!
6. Drop-Off – Drop boxes off at Rolling Hills Church by November 16!
Adopt-A-Family is a special Rolling Hills event that we’ve been doing since 2009.
With Adopt-A-Family, Rolling Hills is able to give gifts and celebrations for Christmas they would not otherwise receive. Families are provided by CityTeam Oakland and are typically involved in CityTeam’s Bible Studies or have some affiliation with CityTeam. They can’t afford gifts for their families, so that’s where Rolling hills comes in. Individuals, families, life groups, or friends choose what size family they would like to provide a Christmas for and Rolling Hills will provide information on a family given to them by CityTeam Oakland. They’ll have a list of all the family names, ages, shoe size, clothing size, and what they’d really like for Christmas. The adopters then go out and buy gifts for each person in that family and Rolling Hills & CityTeam are able to distribute the gifts to each family just before Christmas.
If you would like to be part of Adopt-A-Family and give gifts to special families in need, email Sheley Arnold at email@example.com and tell her what size family you’d like (Small=2-3, Medium=4-5, Large=6+) and she will get back to you with information on the family and further instructions for packing!